Consent to Collection and Usage of Personal Information
Cathay Pacific Airways collects personal information from you at the time of your initial subscription registration for the purpose of providing e-newsletter service. Personal information collected is provided to Cathay Pacific Head Office located in HKG through the system immediately.
1.Items of Personal Information to be Collected
A. Subscription Registration
- Mandatory Information: title, family name, given name, E-mail address, region of residence
- Optional Information: preferences (language and e-mail format), zip code
B. Automatically Generated Personal Information
Following information can be collected in the course of using online services or data processing.
- Service record data, access log, cookies, etc.
2. Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information
Cathay Pacific Airways will not use the personal information you provide beyond the scope of the following purposes, except where you provided express prior consent or when requested by applicable law
A. Personal identification, confirmation of the intent of subscription registration, preservation of records for dispute resolution, handling complaints, notification, etc.
B. Providing updates on marketing promotions such as events, as well as new information through e-newsletter
3. Period of Using and Retaining Personal Information
All Personal Data that has been collected from you will only be stored for a limited duration that is relevant to the purpose for which it was processed and for as long as required by applicable law.
4. Refusal to Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
You may refuse to consent to the collection and use of your personal information. However in this case, we may be unable to process your subscription registration.