Applicable Fees for Cathay Pacific Tickets for Minimum of 2 or More Passengers Promotions
Latest update: 28 Sep 2017 23:45 HKT (GMT+8)
· For Hong Kong flights: Economy Class, minimum of 2 days and maximum of 7 days stay. Premium and Business Class, minimum of 3 days and maximum of 7 days stay.
· For short-haul flights: Economy Class, minimum of 2 days and maximum 14 days stay. Premium and Business Class, minimum of 2 days and maximum of 1 months stay.
· For Economy Class long-haul flights: 3 minimum days and 3 months maximum stay.
· For Premium Economy and Business Class long-haul flights: going to North America and Europe, minimum of 3 days and maximum of 3 months stay. Other destinations, minimum of 3 days and maximum of 3 months stay.
· Before/After Departure: Collect rebooking fee of US$150 within the travel validity of the promo and fare and tax difference, if applicable. In the case of Hong Kong, Economy Class fares are non-rebookable, while Premium Economy and Business class fares are subject to US$150 rebooking fee. The penalty will apply per passenger.
· All of the passengers must travel together the entire journey. If one of the passenger will rebook, then the companions must rebook on the same flight.
· If passenger will rebook beyond the travel period of the promo, fares may be subject for reassessment and will be based on regular rate.
Note: If date change includes change in seasonality, there will be a fare difference from Low to High Season. No refund will be applicable for change from High to Low season.
· For Hong Kong flights, tickets are non-reroutable for all classes.
· For short-haul flights, Premium Economy and Business class tickets are subject to US$150 within the travel validity of the promo and fare and tax difference, if applicable. Economy Class tickets are non-reroutable.
· For long-haul flights, tickets are reroutable for US$150 within the travel validity of the promo and fare and tax difference, if applicable for all classes. The penalty will apply per passenger.
· If tickets are totally unused, fares may be subject for fare reassessment.
Note: Route downgrade is not allowed. In case new routing is lower than previously issued route, tickets may be re-issued without refund. Reissuance fee and tax difference will be collected if applicable.
4/Name Correction Fee
· Please note that tickets may be reissued due to Name correction if names are misspelled only. Reissuance is not allowed if it will be reissued to a different person. Name correction fee is subject to US$150.
Acceptable Name Correction:
· Shortened names like Ma to Maria or vice versa
· Missing letters/ Misspelled names (same sounding)
· Maiden to Married name as long as marriage certificate is provided
· Change of title – MR to MS or MSTR to MIST, etc.
The following name corrections will NOT be allowed:
· Name suffixes such as JR changed to SR, III, etc. Middle name changed to Last Name
· Totally different names or surnames even if accidentally interchanged
· Additional second name
· Only allowed for totally unused tickets.
· For Hong Kong, Premium Economy tickets are subject to US$150 for Business Class tickets, subject to US$150. Economy Class tickets are non-refundable.
· For short-haul and long-haul flights, Economy and Premium Economy tickets are subject to US$150 and for Business Class, US$150.
· The penalty will apply per passenger.
Note: If one passenger will refund, then the companions' tickets will be refunded as well.
Definition of expired ticket:
· For completely unused tickets – one (1) year after date of issuance
· For half-used tickets – one (1) year after date of first flown sector
· For expired tickets - two (2) years after date of issuance
7/Non-User Fee (NUF)
· All Economy and Premium Economy Class tickets are subject to US$150 and Business Class tickets are subject to US$200 non-user fee. The penalty will apply per passenger.
Who shall Pay Non-user Fee
· Departing passengers with tickets issued/reissued/revalidated in the Philippines who fail to use their confirmed airline seats will be required to pay the Nonuser Fee.
Who gets EXEMPTED from the Nonuser Fee
· Passengers who fail to show up for their flight for the following reasons are exempted from paying the Nonuser Fee
o Advance Notice (at least 24hrs before departure)
o Passenger is unable to arrive on time for a scheduled flight due to late arrival or cancellation of a connecting flight (domestic or international)
o Serious Accident Involving Passenger. This must be supported by a police report and a hospitalization certificate
o Death of a Passenger