Fuel surcharge updates
Latest update: 18 Sep 2018 16:00 HKT (GMT+8)
Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon tickets issued or re-issued* for travel originating outside of Hong Kong SAR on/after 15 September 2016 will have a fuel surcharge applied. The surcharge will apply per flight sector, including children and infant fares. No fuel surcharges apply for travel itineraries originating in Hong Kong SAR.
- The fuel surcharges will be adjusted in accordance with fuel prices on a monthly basis.
- Fuel surcharges will be calculated in US dollars, with the exception of tickets purchased in Hong Kong SAR, Canada, and New Zealand, where fuel surcharges will be collected in the local currency. See below for details.
- Surcharges for tickets purchased in Korea vary depending on itinerary. See below for details.
- No fuel surcharges apply for ground transportation between Bahrain (BAH) and Dammam, Saudi Arabia (DMM).
- Tickets purchased in the Philippines for itineraries originated in the Philippines are not subject to this surcharge.
- Codeshare flights are also subject to respective fuel surcharges; codeshare trains with SNCF (ground transportation in France) do not incur the fuel surcharge.
|Flights to Hong Kong SAR from: South West Pacific, North America, Europe, Africa, Middle East, and South Asia:|
|Tickets purchased in:||Hong Kong SAR||Canada||New Zealand||Japan||Others|
|Until 30 Sep 2018||HKD652||CAD109.7||NZD120||JPY9000||USD83.6|
|From 01 Oct 2018||HKD652||CAD109.7||NZD120||JPY9000||USD83.6|
|Flights not mentioned above, including flights between New York and Vancouver:|
|Tickets purchased in:||Canada||New Zealand||Hong Kong SAR||Mainland China||Japan||Others|
|Sectors between Mainland China and
Hong Kong SAR
|Sectors outside Mainland China||Sectors between Japan and
Hong Kong SAR/
|Sectors outside Japan|
|Until 30 Sep 2018||CAD24.6||NZD27||HKD146||USD11.5||USD18.7||JPY2700||JPY2000||USD18.7|
|From 01 Oct 2018||CAD24.6||NZD27||HKD146||USD11.5||USD18.7||JPY3000||JPY2000||USD18.7|
*Tickets re-issued under these conditions:
- Change of any sector
- Change of routing
- Change of routing, due to other carrier’s flight schedule change or cancellation