Fuel surcharge updates
Laatste wijziging: 17 Nov 2017 9:45 HKT (GMT+8)
Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon tickets issued or re-issued* for travel originating outside of Hong Kong on/after 15 September 2016 will have a fuel surcharge applied. The surcharge will apply per flight sector, including children and infant fares. No fuel surcharges apply for travel itineraries originating in Hong Kong.
- The fuel surcharges will be adjusted in accordance with fuel prices on a monthly basis.
- Fuel surcharges will be calculated in US dollars, with the exception of tickets purchased in Hong Kong, Canada, and New Zealand, where fuel surcharges will be collected in the local currency. See below for details.
- Surcharges for tickets purchased in Korea vary depending on itinerary. See below for details.
- No fuel surcharges apply for ground transportation between Bahrain (BAH) and Dammam, Saudi Arabia (DMM).
- Tickets purchased in the Philippines for itineraries originated in the Philippines are not subject to this surcharge.
- Codeshare flights are also subject to respective fuel surcharges; codeshare trains with SNCF (ground transportation in France) do not incur the fuel surcharge.
|Flights to Hong Kong from: South West Pacific, North America, Europe, Africa, Middle East, and South Asia:|
|Tickets purchased in:||Hong Kong||Canada||New Zealand||Japan||Others|
|Until 30 Nov 2017||HKD312||CAD49.8||NZD56||JPY2800||USD40|
|From 01 Dec 2017||HKD380||CAD62||NZD71||JPY4700||USD48.7|
|Flights not mentioned above, including flights between New York and Vancouver:|
|Tickets purchased in:||Hong Kong||Canada||New Zealand||Others||China||Japan|
|Sectors between China and Hong Kong||Sectors outside China||Sectors between Japan and Hong Kong/Taiwan||Sectors outside Japan|
|Until 30 Nov 2017||HKD70||CAD11.2||NZD13||USD9||USD5.10||USD9||JPY500||JPY700|
|From 01 Dec 2017||HKD85||CAD13.9||NZD16||USD10.9||USD5.10||USD10.9||JPY1000||JPY1200|
*Tickets re-issued under these conditions:
- Change of any sector
- Change of routing
- Change of routing, due to other carrier’s flight schedule change or cancellation